Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Buying a ~Rare~ Character

I doubt this will go anywhere, but I'm looking to buy one of the few very rare characters still around.

Ever heard of spell scrolls?
    Well I heard that there are some rare characters like:

Elder Druids who can use Vis Hur, Vis Lux, & use all UEs!
    or
    Paladins who can Summon / Vis Lux.
    or
    Elite Knights who can use Vis Lux?

Some information that a buddy of mine mentioned:
    There are very few; chars must been there since before like 1999 or since before the 6.0 patch.
    CIP removed scrolls on 6.0.

I've recently been trying to get into contact with an ED who can in fact use Vis Hur, Vis Lux, & use sorcerer UE.
    The person was kind enough to prove to a buddy of mine by casting each spell, however, the person isn't looking to part ways with the character yet. I do know the character's name in Antica, but will refrain from mentioning it here to prevent being spammed.

A little background on me:
    I have about a dozen accounts (3 were originally mine, the rest I bought).
    *3 are level 400+
    **2 are 300+
    ***3 are 200+
    ****The rest are lv 100-199.
    I've also bought many many kk's from people.

I've only ever resold 2 characters that I've bought because that was the deal from the get go.
    The 2 accs I resold, 1 was a RL & the other a good friend who I've come to know quite well over the past few years, and they were wanting to sell their acc fast and easy to a trusted buyer. I only made a profit of $90 USD total. I'm not the type of person who buys accounts and then turns around to resell for profit. I help out good friends if I can and that has been done only twice.

I do try to lv each character just as much as another. I bot 80% of those characters and the other 20% I only Manual. I do that since I have that good guy reputation where people think I'm 100% fair when I in fact have multiple other accs making some profit for me to have fun with. Only my very close friends know the other side of me.

Thanks,
    Raptorz
    Last edited by Raptorz; 09-07-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Spelling & Bold/Italics

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what the hell? o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really doubt that excist mate... Since they remove every spell if they "take away" a spell from example knights, they deleted exura..

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awskar View Post
    I really doubt that excist mate... Since they remove every spell if they "take away" a spell from example knights, they deleted exura..
    Your absolutely correct that CIP did take exura from knights, but that was simple because they changed it to Exura "Ico" in their knight settings or whatever.

However, spell scrolls, back in the old times, gave the character the ability to permanently know how to cast each spell depending on the spell scroll they used. For example, when a current ED tries to cast Exevo Vis Hur, what happens? Down in center of screen it says you must learn this spell. Key word "learn".

Since these old and rare characters did learn the spells via spell scrolls, the ability to use those spells still exist.

It's probably soo rare that CIP doesn't really care if a few still exist in comparison to the amount of time it would take to look up all of the accounts since before 1999~ for each vocation who may or many not have this ability.
    Last edited by Raptorz; 09-07-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure its true, or was. I saw a knight use exura gran like 4 years ago, nothing more than that

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rise and Fall of Spell Scrolls

Some History Stuff: Below is a link and I also copied the information regarding the spell scrolls.

http://www.freewebs.com/emkorlibera/...tibiaitems.htm

Back in the early days of Tibia CIP decided to add a few special scrolls to the game in order for players to learn spells ment ususaly for other vocations. These spell scrolls could be learned by any vocation that reached the required magic level. Great Energy Beam, Summon Creature, Great Healing, and the covated Ultimate Explotion where the four spell scrolls available after hard searching - you couldn't just wander about and happen upon these, these scrolls where accualy hard to come by. Some paladins on antica are able to summon, only half a dozen druids are able to cast ultimate explosion, some paladins are even able to use the great energy beam, yet not one knight ever was able to gain magic level 8 required to gain the unbelivable great healing spell. These spells as you can guess where terrible for game balance and where removed before the version 6 update of 99.

Normal User
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    They exist, a friend of mine owned a "rare" character.
    Also, isnt "Hälge"(character) one of these few characters? Or maybe he didnt get his hands on one of the few scrolls.
    Last edited by soder; 09-07-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think hälge did, it's nothing "special" about him except he have an "ä" in his name, it's the same with himmelhüpferin (an antican lvl 220+ ed), she don't have any "super powers" either!

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well either way, it's worth a shot to see if I get a response from anyone. Would be greatly appreciated to have an opportunity like this. All I know is I love playing each one of my characters so hopefully, just hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to own a character like this for a looong time

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)