Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Discussion: Cip vs Bots

Hello.

I've lately been thinking about retiring from botting for a while, there's soooooo many threads about botting that I do fear CipSoft will have to make a move, and that soon.

Anyone else got similar or completly diffrent opinions? If so post them, do keep in mind though that this is a serious thread.

Flaming etc belongs elsewhere. When you post in this thread, you also agree that your post is in someway useful and on-topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    i think after ex-GM Dragonas open letter to Cipsoft, things starting to change for us (botters).
    so, i agree with you when you say about retiring from botting

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing which has really kept me around for the past 4-5 years has been the botting part, since I enjoy just scripting. I'm not a pl whose
    life depends directly on a 2d game but I just enjoy creating a script nobody has and then using it. But back to the topic, I think they'll do nothing.
    As you can see, I would say that 2/3 of the current tibia population or pacc buyers are botters. If Cipsoft did decide to do something about botting
    then they would lose so much money and it would most likely mean that they would have to shut Tibia down after a few months. That's just my opinion
    but I think it's pretty valid. The first move towards this attitude was saying goodbye to the GM-s which totally turned a new page in our botting community.
    But to be honest, I really would enjoy a bot-free tibia just for the pvp so that we could totally shut down the BRs who are currently ruining this game
    with every single one of them using magebot and mostly refusing to fight warmode.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad to see your posts.

As Jonathanjj mention, the open letter which acctually got a CM response, is where I first started thinking trouble might be impending. If that's the case, is only to speculate about thus far.

And indeed as Priitpa suggests, a large majority of Tibian characters online are bots, which even further my worries. There's such a thing as breaking point, I'm pretty sure we're getting close to CipSoft's breaking point, where they acctually start taking actions against bots.

There's a money factor, and lets be honest, they wont ever ban all of us at once. That'd be a too big blow to their finances, but slowly cleaning us out would work, it's a long term action with little to none short-term impact, both for us and Cip.

I am also with Priitpa that a Tibia without bots wouldn't be a bad thing, I don't really know why I bot, I don't make much money off it (ingame) and I don't really sell my chars.

Focus Group
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Its an offer & demand problem. They CANT ban the majority of botters, because their enterprise depends on botting people. They can make things funnier for fair players (like they did with warzones), but they cant remove botters.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no botters = no moneys

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tonin1992, it would without question be a financial backlash, but I don't think it would be so bad long-term, the first few months, sure, but in 2-3 years, I feel confident it's the opposite.

Siodas, please provide some proper input when discussing this topic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    i disagree this game tibia well go down and not be very good without botters. who has time to play forever and loot sux to play manually.
    http://www.tibiaibot.com/forum/showt...2925#post42925 for basic setup for knight

If i helped or you liked my scripts rep + me

trusted free scripts by pink_panther and 3173654 and acid alchamy and marlhex and spens13

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    There have always been threads about botters on tibia forums, even huge ones and old ones but we are still here.
    Cipsoft wont slice their profits to half.

------------------------------------Latest Releases:------------------------------------
    Vocations:
    Darashia Lions Rock
    Oramond Seacrest Serpents X1

For a better iBot!

(◣_◢)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)
    More than half. The days of legitimate Tibia players are dead. CIP don't know how to run an MMO properly these days.