Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need help differentiating keys while opening locked doors

I tried an action for unlocking doors which works very well. I just have a problem, I have 3 silver keys "17:11 You see a silver key (Key:x1).
    It weighs 1.00 oz.", "17:11 You see a silver key (Key:x2).
    It weighs 1.00 oz.", "17:11 You see a silver key (Key:x3).
    It weighs 1.00 oz."

But when I use a hud to check the ID's on the key it shows the same ID for all of them. So basically I can only open one door while using the action unless I have like one key in a different backpack and make an action opening that specific backpack when being at that specific door.

I was wondering if there is any other way to differentiate the keys from each other or if someone else has a smarter idea.

Thanks for helpin!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)
    you'lll need to put them in different bps

or maybe....

useitemon(getcontainer(mainBp).items[1], doorx, doory, posz)

untested, but that would use whatever item is in the bp specified in the first [or other specified] slot on x,y,z.

so if you have a bp for keys and nothing else, you might be able to do that..
    Last edited by pink_panther; 12-05-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_panther View Post
    you'lll need to put them in different bps

or maybe....

useitemon(getcontainer(mainBp).items[1], doorx, doory, posz)

untested, but that would use whatever item is in the bp specified in the first [or other specified] slot on x,y,z.

so if you have a bp for keys and nothing else, you might be able to do that..
    I tried this, didn't work at all but then I changed useitemon(getcontainer(mainBp).items[1], doorx, doory, posz) this one and added ".id" after ".items[1]". Then it worked with 1 key in the bp. But when I put 2 keys it only works on one of the doors. It is as if it remembers the last key I used and always uses it. But yeah I cant make any conclussion out of it. And ofc I changed .items[i] where i= the position of the key for the particular door I want to use it on. You have any other ideas? I also tried the one with different bps, but it still doesnt work.