Official Botting Risks Thread
[Updated 30 July 2013]
About solo banishments/deletions:
As everyone may have noticed, things have taken a turn in regards to botting the past few months (since February 13 2013). Instead of random massbans, Cipsoft has been deleting a few people everyday and not announcing on the website. What has changed? It's safe to say nothing has been added to the client since there was no client-sided detection found. So what could be causing those bans?
After a lot of research, I am a strong believer the banishments have to do with the reports. They have improved the way they process their reports, that's for sure. However, I doubt people should panic about it. Yes, botting has just gotten riskier, but it means you simply have to be more careful. Botting for several hours, multiple characters on the same account for example, is a dead giveaway that you are a botter.
PS: We gathered a lot of information about this banishments/deletions and we can assume that 90%+ of banishments/deletions were caused by successive botting reports by other in-game players which may have triggered CipSoft to check reported character.
PS2: In case you were deleted we highly advise to contact CipSoft by email and complain about your deletion stating that Detection Tool is bugged and you never used unofficial software. We believe there is a chance to be undeleted.
How to bot safer (cannot be guaranteed that it will 100% effective):
- Minimize the amount of hours you spend botting. No real player can hunt for countless hours.
- Avoid botting several characters on the same account.
- Avoid bugged scripts. Spamming 'hi' is reportable.
- Avoid botting AFK. A good way to avoid reports is always respond to people who talk to you.
- Do not minimize the client.
- Avoid botting on the same place for too long, randomize hunting ground (1 day here, 2 days there, etc).
- Avoid using the same registration for accounts.
PS. Never lost a hope!
Remember that every bot is detectable so if you don't want to risk your account, you should never have started botting. If you are like me, and see no other reason to play Tibia without a bot, follow the steps above and let's wait until we finally figure out what exactly has changed so we can get through it. This is not the first time Cipsoft has tried to stop us from botting, and just like all the other times, we will find a way to bypass their anti-bot measures.
If you have something to say about this banishments/deletions do it on this thread so we can have all info together, do not open multiple threads please and stay on topic.
iBot safety is being constantly improved every update.
About lists of deleted characters:
Shown deleted character lists include all kind of deletions like account inactivity, multiple characters per account, using unofficial software, rule breakers (not unofficial software), account owner decided to delete, etc.
Latest Mass Bans:
- 25 Jun 2013: 4844 Tibia accounts have been detected using unofficial software to play during the last couple of weeks. These accounts have been deleted today.
- 09 Jul 2013: 1245 Tibia accounts have been detected using unofficial software to play during the last couple of weeks. These accounts have been deleted today.
- 30 Jul 2013: 1581 Tibia accounts have been detected using unofficial software to play during the last couple of weeks. These accounts have been deleted today.
- 18 Sep 2013: 2967 Tibia accounts have been detected using unofficial software to play during the last couple of weeks. These accounts have been deleted today.
If you were banned/deleted post the following info:
- Date of ban/deletion: day/month/year
- Server Type(s): Preview/Hard-PVP/Open-PVP/Opt-PVP
- Tibia Client Version: Example. 10.01
- Used MC (Multi-Client): yes/no
- Minimized Tibia Client: yes/no
- Multiple Bot Characters on Account: yes/no
- Botting Places: Example. Svargrond Sea Serpents
- Botting Time: Example. 10 hours per day
- Character reported (or suspect of it): yes/no
- Reported someone with that character: yes/no
- Only used iBot: yes/no
- If used iBot, run from Launcher.exe or iBot.exe: Launcher.exe/iBot.exe
- Used other unofficial tibia software (Macros, Autos, etc): yes/no (if yes point which one)
- Ban/deletion Screenshot: attach or upload on imageshack.us
This will help us to identify possible cause of ban/deletion and advise you on how to protect yourself when botting with iBot.
Do not create new threads, use this one to keep all info in one place.
Share your thoughts:
If you have a theory about how characters are being detected by using bot or seen something suspicious on Tibia post here. All information is welcome.
- Strange Creature Name typos (confirmed): View Here
- Char gets teleported to temple before deletion (confirmed): View Here
- Characters being deleted because of same registration on all owner accounts (high probability)