Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Botting using a remote pc

Recently I've changed my bot to run on a server (enhanced desktop) so it can run 24/7. With this I have tried a few things to manage it remotely but I can't seem to find a good setting.
    At the moment I am using teamviewer which works most of the time but will also sometimes make the bot get stuck on dragging coins (shows the window where you can select the amount of coins to move) and using teamviewer laggs quite a bit.
    So I was wondering if there are better options out there.
    I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on the server at the moment (I can change to a windows server version if that helps).

I have tried using remote desktop which works great (no lagg at all) but when closing it (keeping the connection open) tibia gives a video allocation error.

I've seen people here using remote hosts for their tibia bot so I am wondering how they are doing it and if there are better options than teamviewer.

Thanks in advance,

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Up, hoping someone can give me an answer

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    lately i heard about "dedicated servers" where you can open 6-10mcs with ibot lol
    if i heard it cost about 70usd... the dedicated server where you can open around 4mcs~ cost lower.. you gotta check... i never checked that cuz didn't need... anyway waste cash for me ;P

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kralik88 View Post
    lately i heard about "dedicated servers" where you can open 6-10mcs with ibot lol
    if i heard it cost about 70usd... the dedicated server where you can open around 4mcs~ cost lower.. you gotta check... i never checked that cuz didn't need... anyway waste cash for me ;P
    Well what I have at home is a dedicated server already (more or less), I'm more looking into ways to connect to one.
    As I said you have teamviewer which works fine for just giving a quick check to see if its still alive and to reconnect but thats about it.
    I would like to have a little more options (walk to a spot, setup backpacks etc.) without the lagg that teamviewer gives me. For that I would like to know what people are using to remotely control their bots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thejetse View Post
    Well what I have at home is a dedicated server already (more or less), I'm more looking into ways to connect to one.
    As I said you have teamviewer which works fine for just giving a quick check to see if its still alive and to reconnect but thats about it.
    I would like to have a little more options (walk to a spot, setup backpacks etc.) without the lagg that teamviewer gives me. For that I would like to know what people are using to remotely control their bots.
    it depends on your speed connection not from the tool you use team viewer or remote desktop connection , more speedy connection = less lag .
    case it's like downloading and uploading if u understand what i mean .

Normal User
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In my team people cast with password to check their characters, they can't control the char, but they can see what's going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you may wana use an FTP server to manage all that without any troubles
    i guess
    Se ontem fosse anti-ontem, e hoje fosse ontem, hoje seria oque ?

~O amanhã

iBot User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I'm doing it like that when I'm away on business trip's-
    Got my comp home only 24/7 (got quite a monster and a 1000/100 mbit connection).

when I'm away I got my mac book pro and Teamviewer to set everything up every SS.
    works awesome for me!

Kind regards
    grenta

-- Looking for Sponsor --

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macoo View Post
    it depends on your speed connection not from the tool you use team viewer or remote desktop connection , more speedy connection = less lag .
    case it's like downloading and uploading if u understand what i mean .
    I know what you mean yes, my connection is not bad (100/8mbit) and for the testing I was connected locally (1000mbit).
    If I use the remote desktop (provided with windows) I get really great performance but closing that connection (keeping session alive) will make tibia throw an video allocation error.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    In my team people cast with password to check their characters, they can't control the char, but they can see what's going on
    Thats what I use teamviewer for atm except that the quality of a cast is alot better/less laggy but it works for just checking the char.

Quote Originally Posted by mattos123 View Post
    you may wana use an FTP server to manage all that without any troubles
    i guess
    I have no idea how an FTP (File Transfer) server would fit into this

Quote Originally Posted by grenta View Post
    I'm doing it like that when I'm away on business trip's-
    Got my comp home only 24/7 (got quite a monster and a 1000/100 mbit connection).

when I'm away I got my mac book pro and Teamviewer to set everything up every SS.
    works awesome for me!

Kind regards
    grenta
    You don't have any trouble with the performance of teamviewer?
    With me its quite laggy and has trouble sending the frames at a normal speed (say 25+ fps)

iBot User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    theres one software with the name Logmein, maybe work for you...