Thread: And what about that script you bought and the scripter retired?

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And what about that script you bought and the scripter retired?

Hello Mods

So i've came across this dilema...i had myself looking to all my scripts, to make sure they were all updated, when i notice that 1 or 2 scripts would remain outdated since their creators retired, or were banned, or any other reason that will prevent who payed for them to get stuck with a script that will no longer have support, nor anyone who can update it!
    So i thought that in these cases, a thread could be created with scripts that no longer have their scripters to look after them, in this thread the customers would identify the script, the scripter, and the email that the scripter sent at the time of the delivery, to avoid having people asking for updates without having payed for them, after this the user would send the same script by email or something to some Inbox acessible by all Mod's, to whoever has interest in these scripts, to appropriate them and thus take full responsability from that date on to maintain it up to date.

Thx for your time

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    in my opinion, if one of ibot scriptes retired or was banned here, u wont get update of that script even if u msg him ;d

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RafiXWPT View Post
    in my opinion, if one of ibot scriptes retired or was banned here, u wont get update of that script even if u msg him ;d
    I dont think you understand my point here mate xD

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    I dont think a retired scripter, will help in this cases. What i think that could be done, it's to creathe a thread, where i, and many others with full knowledge about scripting, can update/improve the scripts that people judge outdated.
    Quote Originally Posted by khadafi View Post
    I dont think you understand my point here mate xD
    My Scripts - Norkk Free Scripts
    New Project - Norkk Project

EK 208 sold to @yhuel

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norkk View Post
    I dont think a retired scripter, will help in this cases. What i think that could be done, it's to creathe a thread, where i, and many others with full knowledge about scripting, can update/improve the scripts that people judge outdated.
    Again i did not mention anyhting related with retired scripters helping with outdated scripts!Quite the contrary, the scripts that banned scripters or retired ones have no way to be updated could be appropriated by Experienced and ofc Known Scripters and then update them, but only those and nobody else, to avoid passing pro scripts to people who never bought them.
    Hope i made myself clear now!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Nobody should share scripts. If you paid, it's yours. Dont share them unless you want to see much people runining around your character and attacking your monsters.