Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Id like to know why some people are allowed to sell scripts.

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Id like to know why some people are allowed to sell scripts.

Holler, im here to ask the simple question, why are some people allowed to sell scripts? No, i dont mean the requierments. I mean, why the hell is someone like Pink panther allowed to sell scripts? his scripts are shit and full of bugs. he lacks experience. Are mods getting lazy, or is there just a low standard on this forum?

edit, while we are on the subject same goes for a pally scripter. His scripts are bad and he barely knows how to code. most of his code is copy paste, and he hasnt gotten better since the neobot community. how do i know he's bad? i had to help him debug some of his scripts at neobot. the reason i dnt give him shit there, is cause he gave them away for free, here he sells them.
    Last edited by pozie; 06-22-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)
    Read [HERE]

The forum and its staff are not to be held responsible for any transaction made in the market.

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    well that does not change the fact that moderators allow who can sell or not, wich kinda makes it their fault if a scripter is generally bad

edit, what i mean is that a moderator has to approve someone to sell, and when they do people like me expect the scripts to be working :P
    Last edited by pozie; 06-22-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)
    If you got a problem with any paid scripting service, feel free to contact any staff members via priv, explaining the issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    This is something we decided while I was inside, and I was the main one to push for it. Our moderation staff, when compared to Neobot's, is ridiculously small and barely active, while the community is extremely bigger and growing each day. It was just not possible for us to correctly verify each script someone posts, check if it's working and test it thoroughly. It was already a pain in the ass in Neobot times. For that reason, we decided simply not to, and to let users know we don't. We made it very explicit in the rules, which I expect people to read. This is a free market, you have to make your own choices based on the data you have, such as other customers' feedback and this kind of stuff. However, I'm not saying we planned to just let it by itself. We created rules, which, in case of problems, would support the customer. Of course, I agree, preventing is better than taking action later, but in this case, we just couldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Does the government care if the product people are selling is shitty? No, they just make sure it's safe and according to laws, the product quality is seller's and buyer's problem.

NÃO RESPONDO DUVIDAS POR PM
    Brasil, aqui você é o palhaço.

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    This is something we decided while I was inside, and I was the main one to push for it. Our moderation staff, when compared to Neobot's, is ridiculously small and barely active, while the community is extremely bigger and growing each day. It was just not possible for us to correctly verify each script someone posts, check if it's working and test it thoroughly. It was already a pain in the ass in Neobot times. For that reason, we decided simply not to, and to let users know we don't. We made it very explicit in the rules, which I expect people to read. This is a free market, you have to make your own choices based on the data you have, such as other customers' feedback and this kind of stuff. However, I'm not saying we planned to just let it by itself. We created rules, which, in case of problems, would support the customer. Of course, I agree, preventing is better than taking action later, but in this case, we just couldn't.
    i understand that its to hard, but ive had quite a few friends changing bot just for this fact, that some people that cant script for shit are actually allowed to sell their scripts. me atleast go to the paid section and think "well, they are allowed to sell, so obviously its not shit since mods said its okay". i thought more that the rules about trading was to make sure you could not be blamed if someone was scammed of money. so i was just curious how the deal was, not that into the ibot community as i was on neobot where i checked several scripts for quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehit View Post
    Does the government care if the product people are selling is shitty? No, they just make sure it's safe and according to laws, the product quality is seller's and buyer's problem.
    uhm yeah, in my country they do. if you buy a product thats shit, and not up to its standards you can take it to court. we have people that works with this.

and sorry if my text is weird or you cant understand me, hungover and tierd. thanks in advanceorz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pozie View Post
    i understand that its to hard, but ive had quite a few friends changing bot just for this fact, that some people that cant script for shit are actually allowed to sell their scripts. me atleast go to the paid section and think "well, they are allowed to sell, so obviously its not shit since mods said its okay". i thought more that the rules about trading was to make sure you could not be blamed if someone was scammed of money. so i was just curious how the deal was, not that into the ibot community as i was on neobot where i checked several scripts for quality.

uhm yeah, in my country they do. if you buy a product thats shit, and not up to its standards you can take it to court. we have people that works with this.

and sorry if my text is weird or you cant understand me, hungover and tierd. thanks in advanceorz
    What we mean is, we'll try and make sure all scripts work, up to a level, but we can't enforce a specific degree of perfection. If it works, it works. It's up to to buyer to find out which best suits his needs. The rules are merely a small obstacle, as to make sure the user is already, somehow, integrated into the community. Unfortunately, this is not Neobot, and never will be.
    Last edited by Raphael; 06-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    What we mean is, we'll try and make sure all scripts work, up to a level, but we can't enforce a specific degree of perfection. If it works, it works. It's up to to buyer to find out which best suits his needs. The rules are merely a small obstacle, as to make sure the user is already, somehow, integrated into the community.
    okay, thanks for clearing it up was just surprised when i saw the lack of quality in pink panthers scripts

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    If you are afraid about script quality then buy them from well know sellers, known from their great work. For example BlakW, Eli or wlukasz.

------------------------------------Latest Releases:------------------------------------
    Vocations:
    Oramond Hydra Cave
    Ankrahmun Horestis Tomb
    Yalahar Vengoth Castle North
    Orc Fortress
    For a better iBot!

(◣_◢)