Thread: Is there any way to differentiate a key from another?

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Is there any way to differentiate a key from another?

Hello guys,

I'm trying to put together a script that requires the use of several different keys. The issue that I'm bumping into is that I've searched all around the forums for an action that would allow me to pick up a certain key for use from my key backpack.

I tried to use the HUD that identifies item IDs and the program will just tell me all the copper keys are the same, all the silver keys are the same, etc. There's no different ID for key numbers (just for the sprite item for the key).

I know there's a very annoying way to reach my goal: which is have each one of the keys in a different container, add up several actions to close and re-open containers and hunt backpacks every time I need to open/lock a door and use the standart action to lock/unlock the door with that single key in a container.

Besides adding a huge scripting weight on the waypoints, if I take 10 keys for example, I will need 10 different bags/containers for each and every one of them. Managing space and the extra cap to carry all of that is a huge issue on this project and I'd like to ask if there's another practical way to differentiate keys on a same container or if it hasn't been built into the bot coding.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I don't know a way to check it, I can just give you one tip: you can put keys that are different (eg. copper and silver) in one container and identify them by name/id, maybe it will save you few containers. I'm wondering what requires so many keys

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, but that's exactly what I didn't want to do in first place. I know it's the only solution available so far, but as I described above I'd like to know if there's another way or if keys aren't coded differently on the program. :/
    Thank you for your reply anyways.