221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)

Tips To Lower CPU Usage

Last time updated: 29 Jan 2013
    Got tips? Post them!

Sometimes users with low-end systems face problems with iBot and some of those problems can be caused by high CPU consumption.

Possible symptoms:
    • Character cannot keep distance from monster properly.
    • Character walks slowly.
    • iBot execute actions slowly or don't execute them at all.
    • iBot client crash after some time.
    • Tibia client crash after some time.
    • Healer stop working.

How to verify if CPU usage:
    1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete or open Task Manager
    2. Example image:

If CPU Usage is going above 60% than take a look at the following tips that may help reducing it:
    • Delete and disable HUDs "Settings > HUD > Enabled" and select "no".
    • Disable Alerts "Settings > Alerts > Enabled" and select "no".
    • Lower Tibia Framerate Limit to 30 or less and never go above 50 "Tibia > Options > Graphics > Advanced".
    • Disable light effects "Tibia > Options > Graphics > Advanced".
    • Remove unnecessary iBot libraries (DO NOT remove "standard.lua").
    • Change Tibia Graphic engine to Directx 5 or OpenGl "Tibia > Options > Graphics".
    • Close/terminate all unnecessary programs.

You can use a system optimizer/speed up/fps booster to help you, here is a list of recommended ones:
    • Leatrix Latency Fix (reduce latency): HERE
    • Game Booster (fps booster): HERE
    • Rizone Memory Booster (RAM reseter/booster): HERE
    • Advanced SystemCare (system optimizer): HERE
    • Uniblue SpeedUpMyPc (system optimizer): HERE
    • Advanced SystemOptimizer (system optimizer): HERE

If you are using Windows 7 you can also turn off visual effects to increase performance:
    • Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.
    • Click Adjust visual effects. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click the Visual Effects tab, click Adjust for best performance, and then click OK. (For a less drastic option, select Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer.)

If you are using Windows XP you can also turn off visual effects to increase performance:
    • First we need to get to the Visual Effects settings. Right click on My Computer and select Properties.

• Click on the Advanced Tab. Then under the Performance section click the settings button.

• The Performance Options window should open with the Visual Effects tab open.

• As you can see my computer is set for best appearance. The easiest option is to simply choose the option to Adjust for best performance. This will turn off all of the visual enhancements.

• You can also select which option you would like to turn on or off. To do this select Custom, then check the boxes next to the options you would like to turn on. For my system I will leave every option unchecked except for “Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop”.

Last edited by blakw; 01-29-2013 at 08:30 PM.

------------------------------------Latest Releases:------------------------------------
    Vocations:
    Darashia Lions Rock
    Oramond Seacrest Serpents X1

For a better iBot!

(◣_◢)