Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Hacked three times!

Hello,
    I'm writing this post in the name of my mate who got hacked three time!
    We were just wondering how is it possible to get hacked three times in a week...?
    He has formatted his PC after every time he got hacked! The only thing he was downloading of the Internet is tibia, ibot, skype and few scripts of the forum.
    As we got hacked for the first time i have also formated my PC and done the same downloaded all things needed plus one script which i use for few months and no hack on my account! First we were thinking that it might be the MC that is on the forum as the thread was blocked and no comments, so after the second hack he didn't download it, but today as we were doing some quest together someone logged on to his char while he was online! So he gave me his password and i've changed it for him and no attempts to log in to his account since then. Also he has done a scan with multiple anti viruses and all of the pointed at luncher of iBot(i know this might not be the case) but all of them also found some keyloggers in his cookies(?)

Did anyone else same experience after using iBot on a clean pc?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)
    @ErGox
    How about your mate has been hacked by e-mail? The hacker might have recovered passwords by e-mail.

iBot User
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryllz View Post
    @ErGox
    How about your mate has been hacked by e-mail? The hacker might have recovered passwords by e-mail.
    Oh forgot to mention that his password has never been changed or recovered to his e-mail...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErGox View Post
    Oh forgot to mention that his password has never been changed or recovered to his e-mail...
    Then I bet the hacker knows that password and he uses the e-mail to recover account's password. Tell him to check IP logs.

iBot User
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Then I bet the hacker knows that password and he uses the e-mail to recover account's password. Tell him to check IP logs.
    You can't recover the password as it will automatically change...! When his chars got wiped the password haven't been changed.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)
    You can't recover the password as it will automatically change...! When his chars got wiped the password haven't been changed.
    What do you mean? Go to tibia.com, use "account lost" and select "I have forgotten my password.".

iBot User
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    What do you mean? Go to tibia.com, use "account lost" and select "I have forgotten my password.".
    Well if someone done that then they send you a new password automatically generated by cipsoft, and as i said he never had his password changed during the hack.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)
    Well if someone done that then they send you a new password automatically generated by cipsoft, and as i said he never had his password changed during the hack.
    So my theory might be right... Tell him to change the email instantly.

iBot User
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    So my theory might be right... Tell him to change the email instantly.
    Do you even understand what am i saying? In order to retrieve password to your email cipsoft generates new password and sends it to your email... My mate has been changing his password after each of the hacks, and no one has ever requested new password to his email! So no your theory is wrong. This is why i'm asking if anyone have had same issue as its impossible to get key-logger just by connection to Internet at least not a tibia key-logger.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)
    Do you even understand what am i saying? In order to retrieve password to your email cipsoft generates new password and sends it to your email... My mate has been changing his password after each of the hacks, and no one has ever requested new password to his email! So no your theory is wrong. This is why i'm asking if anyone have had same issue as its impossible to get key-logger just by connection to Internet at least not a tibia key-logger.
    Seems that you totally ignore my posts. Who cares of account's passwords omg...
    Read again:

THE HACKER HAS AN ACCESS TO YOUR FRIEND'S E-MAIL.

no one has ever requested new password to his email!
    How do you know? Do not underestimate the hacker, deleting one e-mail is as easy as a 6 years old kid would do it.
    Anyway you do not take the serious safety steps. After each hack you should change at least the email instantly and account name if possible.
    Last edited by Gryllz; 10-03-2014 at 08:20 PM.