Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

setting variables

Hi!

Back in the days of ElfBot, it was possible to set variables (and use them anywhere) through the actions

I am messing up with iBot but I am having no sucess so far

Possible use:
    If a player attacks me, it sets a variable called "pk" from 0 to 1
    then an actions checks if this variable is 1, if true, gotolabel("x")
    then my toon finally reaches a safe zone, and in that stand point there is an action wpt that now checks if the variable is 1, if true, close tibia.

My problem so far:
    The action "spams" its command, which means, it sends my character to label x even while I am in a really ahead waypoint,
    I tried to make the action change the variable value after it executed its command once, but, it is simply not doing it it (so after sendin its signal once, it would notice the variable 'PK' changed its value and thus wouldn't re-send its command)

part of a code/small example of what I was trying:
    PHP Code:
    local pk 0

if blahblah player attack and pk 0 then
      gotolabel
    ("x")

pk 1
    end 
    Not sure if I described it the best way I could, I can reword it again if needed.
    Thanks beforehand!
    Last edited by Daewe; 07-12-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Create a action like this:

Code:
    local pk = 0 

if underattack("P") and pk == 0 then 
      gotolabel("x") 
      pk = 1 
    end
    And at label "x", use this:

Code:
    if pk == 1 then
    setsettings("Settings\\Actions\\List\\MyToonAction\\Enable", "no")
    gotolabel("safeSpotPlease")  --you can use this if you like
    end
    PS: To compare variables values use "=="

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or the actions(cavebot) doesn't check/understand values of variables that were made in the actions(persistent)?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daewe View Post
    Is it just me or the actions(cavebot) doesn't check/understand values of variables that were made in the actions(persistent)?
    "pk" already exists its "playerattack"
    So... like what Toadz said...

Make an action called "PlayerAttackCheck" that does:
    PHP Code:
    if playerattack then gotolabel("UnderAttack"end 
    Then in your Waypoints, have an Action labled "UnderAttack" that turns off the Player attack check with
    PHP Code:
    setsettings("Settings\\Actions\\List\\PlayerAttackCheck\\Enable""no"
    Failing to turn off the persistent script will cause it to keep running every 800 to 1000 ms and keep jumping to the waypoint, so it needs to be turned off once it has been triggered...

Then under that waypoint, have the rest of the waypoints that run back to town and log out.

Regarding your second question, it does, but defining it with "local" means it is only considered in that script... Global variables are defined in the setup and/or just say "j = 100" instead of "local j = 100"
    Last edited by pink_panther; 07-22-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, hi

Yea, I already did all the stuff you said, my scrip is working wonderfully, but here comes the problem:

Imagine that I had to setup a variable, in this case, P

PHP Code:
    pk 0

if underattack("P") and pk == 0 then 
      gotolabel
    ("x"

pk 1
    end 
    It is on ACTIONS, you can see that pk should assume the value of 1, given that in this potential scenario, I got hit by a player
    So, you can also see that on the script 1st line there is "and pk == 0", but since its value already changed from 0 to 1, it shouldn't spam gotolabel('x')
    Thus, there wouldnt be a point in disabling the action since it would only command me gotolabel('x') once, ofc, later on my scripts/wpt, I would need to re-set the value of pk back to 0, but that is another story.

The problem I encountered was: I couldn't make a action(CAVEBOT) to reset value of "pk" back to 0, hell, I couldn't even make the action(CAVEBOT) to check the value of PK.
    I.e, later on in the same script, I made a checker on a PZ to see if pk == 1, if so, it would closetibia() instead of going back to the cave, but it didn't work.

I know the workaround of disabling the action, but, why wouldn't the potential scenario I described work in first place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    PHP Code:
    local pkerlab 'x' -- label where the bot should go
    local pkerlabpos 
    = {x,y,z} -- position x y z of pkerlab

if underattack("P"then  

if posx ~= pkerlabpos[1] or posy ~= pkerlabpos[2] or posz ~= pkerlabpos[3then
            gotolabel
    (pkerlab)

end
    end 

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't that fail because it would repeat the gotolabel('x) after I move to the next wpt? since my posx/y/z would be different and thus repeat the process...

But, still on the matter of setting variables, no further help?
    Because the pk example is just a small use of all the possible things I'd do with -working- variables

Thanks for the help so far guys

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daewe View Post
    Oh, hi

Yea, I already did all the stuff you said, my scrip is working wonderfully, but here comes the problem:

Imagine that I had to setup a variable, in this case, P

PHP Code:
    pk 0

if underattack("P") and pk == 0 then 
      gotolabel
    ("x"

pk 1
    end 
    It is on ACTIONS, you can see that pk should assume the value of 1, given that in this potential scenario, I got hit by a player
    So, you can also see that on the script 1st line there is "and pk == 0", but since its value already changed from 0 to 1, it shouldn't spam gotolabel('x')
    Thus, there wouldnt be a point in disabling the action since it would only command me gotolabel('x') once, ofc, later on my scripts/wpt, I would need to re-set the value of pk back to 0, but that is another story.

The problem I encountered was: I couldn't make a action(CAVEBOT) to reset value of "pk" back to 0, hell, I couldn't even make the action(CAVEBOT) to check the value of PK.
    I.e, later on in the same script, I made a checker on a PZ to see if pk == 1, if so, it would closetibia() instead of going back to the cave, but it didn't work.

I know the workaround of disabling the action, but, why wouldn't the potential scenario I described work in first place?
    if pk= 0 is in the same action script, it will run it every time, thus changing it back to 0 every time...

so pk = 0, you get attacked, it changes to 1 then end.. then starts again, sets it to 0, ect...

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try this:
    PHP Code:
    if not underattack('P'then pk 0 end

if underattack('P') and pk == 0 then  
      gotolabel
    ('x')  

pk 
    end 

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_panther View Post
    if pk= 0 is in the same action script, it will run it every time, thus changing it back to 0 every time...

so pk = 0, you get attacked, it changes to 1 then end.. then starts again, sets it to 0, ect...
    I feel dumb for not recognizing that, now that you've mentioned it I brainstormed a new way to do it

basically instead of setting values of 0 and 1, I will change make the script give -+ 1 to the current value, and if in the beggining of the script current value = value that means notu nderattack() (for this scenario) the script wont change it.

Yay, you guys are aewsome =P