Thread: [TUTORIAL] Special Areas (Pathfinding) - Basic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Exclamation [TUTORIAL] Special Areas (Pathfinding) - Basic

First of all I have to say that I didn't make this tutorial ! I'm just translating it to english, since people are asking for it. ^^

Tutorial credits by Nosekim

Well guys, I'm doing this tutorial so you guys can understand little bit more about this important function our dear iBot has, I consider it very important, because with this function we can create, as the name says, special áreas and manipulate them as we need.

Why and for what is this function so important? It is very important for mages and paladins, because with this function you can prevent the bot from luring monsters towards you and putting your character at high risk of death, this function does that by creating an invisible barrier stoping your char from reaching certain areas.

Now, let's get to the real deal ! Lets identify where this function is located and how to use it properly.

Adding a special area : As we can see, to add a special area is very simple (Img.1), you just need to identify in your iBot according to the img below, select SpecialAreas and click in "new" in the Options tab !

OBS: Remember that the SpecialArea will be created at the current position of your character. Don't forget that it's very important !

Now that we've learned how to add a SpecialArea we gonna learn how to change its dimensions and attributes (ConsideredBy) :

Let's explain how to manipulate the especial area dimension:

X = Horizontal
    Y = Vertical

Look at the img down below to understand how the area will expand according to your especification.

Now, you are going to define the way this special area will be cosidered, there are 4 different options, each one with its specific feature.

ConsideredBy: None As the name already says, the bot doesn't considers it as a special area. But if it's not considered by the bot, what is its function?? We'll see that further ahead.

CosideredBy: Cavebot In this option the special area will be considered depending on the cavebot status, if it's "on" or "off". Most used, for example, to prevent your char from getting into Serpent Spawn's cave in yalahar dragons.

CosideredBy: Target This time the parameter of the special area to be cosidered or not will be the targeting, if your char is targeting a monster it will consider the special area, if it's only walking by and not attacking any monster it will not consider it.

CosideredBy: All As the name says, it will be cosidered by both, target and cavebot.

Ok, now lets put what we have learned to the test, so you guys can see and understand what was said in this tutorial, follow the img below.

With this example, you guys can see I made two options to be easier for you.

Example01: Area X=3 and Y=1 Represented as the BLACK rectangle
    Example02: Area X=3 and Y=2 Represented as the GREEN rectangle

Nosekim: I've made this tutorial pretty fast just to show u guys how special area works, it's basic but if you guys still have questions I would be Honored to help you. (Inside my knowledge )

Tutorial Made by Nosekim and Translated by Onehit =D

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Omg ! Thanks dude ! I was waiting for this ! , reputeeeddded!~ + .
    Again, thanks ! The tutorial is Great !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You welcome ^^

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your effort!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the bot does not enter on "sqm" I must make wpt on special area and choose CosideredBy ? None, Target, Cavebot, ALL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pukielos View Post
    the bot does not enter on "sqm" I must make wpt on special area and choose CosideredBy ? None, Target, Cavebot, ALL?
    Well it depends when you don't want the bot to go there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onehit View Post
    Well it depends when you don't want the bot to go there.
    always numbers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    thx to Onehit for translate my Tutorial
    now in english version

Normal User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great! Last time when i looking for special area tutorial i found only in portuguese language....it is not understable for me... even if i use translator ;/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i stay at X position and i set x dimension=3 and y=1 then it will be as SQM SQM SQM X SQM SQM SQM or X SQM SQM SQM or SQM SQM SQM X? because i dont know if i have to stay in the middle od the linke wanted special arena or at the beginning ?